PSI is providing training to partner nations in support of their Anti-Terrorism efforts
PSI provides training support through a subcontract with SAIC and the Department of State to support the Anti-Terrorism Assistance (ATA) program. In the spring of 2012 PSI was awarded multiple task orders to provide various training deliveries in Pakistan.
The training that PSI provides to Pakistan is critical for their continued success and progress in defending their nation against terrorism.
PSI awarded contract to provide Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) at the Department of Energy (DOE) Portsmouth Plant
On March 14, 2012 PSI was awarded a contract to provide Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to enhance the Safeguards & Security Division at the Department of Energy (DOE) Portsmouth Plant in Piketon, Ohio. PSI’s duties commenced immediately following award. PSI’s SMEs were selected based on their vast knowledge in protective force staffing, planning & training, DOE orders and directives, post orders, job task analysis, and training accreditation programs. PSI’s primary responsibility is to contribute to the improvement of compliance/performance testing, protective force performance testing, and gap analysis & risk assessments.
The SMEs provide guidance and input into the following areas:
- protective force performance training
- respiratory protection & body armor
- post orders/procedures
- protective force performance/compliance
PSI is responsible for providing an action plan to achieve and maintain full compliance to relevant DOE order(s).
PSI awarded the Security Management and Support Services contract with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in support of the Office of Acquisition Management (OAM)
On February 14, 2012 PSI was awarded the competitive follow-on contract at the EPA Headquarters. This contract is primarily performed at the Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center located in Washington, DC and 12 satellite facilities in the National Capital Region (NCR). The contract duration includes a base period of one year and three (3) one-year option periods. PSI provides a number of services including credentialing, office management, security systems management, and lock smiths. Personnel on the contract are cleared (Secret and Top Secret).
PSI is responsible for supervising, staffing and operating the EPA’s two Identification Issuance Offices and implementation and management of the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) program. Some of the day-to-day functions inside the offices include fingerprinting, information collection, data entry, issuance of identification badges/access cards, inventory management, and customer support. PSI also provides inspection, collection, processing, and input services for the EPA Credential Program. Each of the EPA facilities have security and surveillance equipment in place that PSI staff must understand, utilize, inspect, and maintain on a regular basis. In addition, PSI is responsible for installing and maintaining key, electronic, and combination locks.
PSI is proud to have an integral role in the security and day-to-day operations at the EPA Headquarters.
Protection Strategies Incorporated (PSI) awarded EM-24 staff support contract re-award
PSI is pleased to announce that we have been re-awarded a contract to continue providing staff support for the safeguards and security and emergency management functions of the Department of Energy's Office of Environmental Management, Safeguards and Security Emergency Management Team (EM-24). PSI was selected for the re-award of this contract due to proven past performance and a reputation of excellence with the customer.
Functions and services provided include assisting EM-24 in oversight of safeguards and security and emergency management programs at field sites falling under EM-24’s managerial cognizance. PSI activities include:
- Safeguards and Security Policy Development. PSI assists in providing program office-level input to DOE safeguards and security related orders, directives, and manuals in the development stage, represents the office as subject matter experts in various quality panels, working groups, and standing committees, and supports EM 24 in the international safeguards arena. PSI also assists in reviewing draft impact statements from the sites regarding costs of changing security and emergency management policies, and coordinates office input on safeguards and security research and development (R&D) programs.
- Safeguards and Security Plans Review and Validation. PSI provides specialized technical expertise during the review, analysis, and validation process of EM facility Site Safeguards and Security Plans (SSSP) and the supporting Vulnerability Assessments (VAs). PSI provides assistance in identifying roles for Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies (FSLLEA), capturing those roles in Memoranda of Understanding and Mutual Aid agreements, and including those agencies in joint training exercises.
- Performance Assurance and Training. PSI closely monitors site security performance assurance programs, participates in evaluation, and operates a Standby Adversary cadre that provides training and mission planning for hand-picked adversaries in worst case scenarios for Graded Security Protection (GSP) level force-on-force performance testing and training exercises. PSI assists in reviewing site security training plans and provides direct assistance as required in field training and exercises.
- Operational Support. PSI augments field element safeguards and security staff with technical experts when needed for off normal events, such as protective force work stoppages, national emergency situations, and large-scale protection system exercises. PSI has also been tasked to research, write, and brief security situations in nations where spent fuel that will be shipped to the U.S. is stored, and recommend security measures to reduce risk of moving material to ports and then onto transit vessels.
- Emergency Management. PSI assists DOE personnel in the identification, research, and analysis of technical and administrative emergency and contingency planning issues, to address and resolve the issues, both in policy and program implementation. PSI assists DOE personnel in the review and analysis of emergency and continuity of operations program inter-agency requirements and associated exercise programs. PSI assists DOE staff in planning, training, conducting, and documenting government-wide and DOE exercises and operational monitoring, such as the validation of emergency and continuity of operations plans and exercise documentation. PSI assists in oversight activities such as reviewing updates to site emergency operations plans and emergency readiness assurance program (ERAP) documents, and participating in field surveys and reviews.
PSI successfully stands up Base Defense Operations Centers (BDOC) Support Services contract
This month, not even 45 days after contract award, PSI completed the screening and mobilization of nearly a hundred personnel to be fully operational and 100% staffed at each of the BDOCs. PSI personnel oversee theater-wide day to day operations of the BDOCs located at each of the “Enduring” bases and ensure that all BDOCs support the overall mission of OSC-I projects and task orders within their area of responsibility. Support services provided by PSI are crucial to the overall success of the mission. The success of the mobilization can be credited to the dedication and teamwork of PSI's incredible staff on the ground in Iraq and at the corporate headquarters in Arlington, VA.
PSI awarded the Base Defense Operations Centers (BDOC) Support Services contract with the Department of the Army (DA) in support of the Office of Security Cooperation-Iraq (OSC-I).
PSI will staff and oversee theater-wide day to day operations of the BDOCs located at each of the “Enduring” bases. Additional PSI personnel will ensure that all BDOCs support the overall mission of OSC-I projects and task orders within their area of responsibility. Within 45 days from contract award, PSI will have screened and mobilized nearly a hundred personnel in theater and CONUS to be 100% staffed. Support services provided by PSI will be crucial to the overall success of the mission .
PSI will continue to leverage overseas experience and expand its foot print throughout the Middle East, Southwest Asia, Africa and South America through current contracts/contract vehicles and joint ventures in the years to come.
PSI awarded US Forest Service contract to provide security system and monitoring services
Protection Strategies Incorporated was awarded a contract through the US Forest Service to provide a security system for a 9200 sqft facility near Albuquerque, NM. The security system includes the implementation of an integrated access control system, security alarm system, and blue light alerting system. PSI is also responsible for 24x7 monitoring of the alarm system.
PSI awarded Department of Defense (DOD) contract to provide Physical Security Installations and Maintenance Services in the Middle East
Protection Strategies Incorporated will provide all personnel, facilities, equipment, tools, materials, supervision, and other items and services necessary to perform Pop-up Barrier and Skywatch Tower installation, maintenance, and repair services. PSI will be required to provide these services in various locations including Iraq, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait. PSI has established Field Service Representatives (FSR) in three of the regions to facilitate quick response when repairs to the installations are needed. As requirements change during the contract, PSI will be flexible enough to provide support at differing locations with changing quantities of equipment.
PSI awarded Department of Defense (DOD) contract to provide Giant Voice and Leased CCTV/Perimeter Sensors
Protection Strategies Incorporated will install, maintain, and provide service for a CCTV and perimeter sensor security system operation at FOB Union III in Baghdad. As part of the contract PSI provides all labor, equipment, management, and supplies needed to install and maintain this contractor owned system, which is leased to the US Government. Service provided will include 24/7 monitoring of the entire system ensuring that it is functioning and providing continuous perimeter security for the Green Zone. PSI will also install and maintain a high-power voice and siren system that will be used in the event of an emergency to alert all persons. With a series of pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ) cameras, network video recorders (NVR), uninterrupted power supplies (UPS), and fiber-optic networking, Protection Strategies Incorporated will provide for Union III, an around-the-clock, 360 degree, perimeter monitoring solution.
Protection Strategies Incorporated Wins Contract with UT-Battelle, LLC, to Provide Technical Support for Activities of the Department of Energy Oak Ridge National Laboratory Global Security and Nonproliferation Program
PSI was awarded a contract by UT-Battelle, LLC, to provide technical support for the Department of Energy (DOE) Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Global Security and Nonproliferation (GS&N) Program. PSI will perform program management, computer-aided design, design studies and analyses, specification preparation, and configuration management and control. Other tasks that PSI will work on include document preparation for complex systems, document control, fabrication, assembly, construction engineering support, modeling & simulation, risk assessment, and analysis of complex systems. PSI will also provide expertise in function and data requirement analysis, system analysis and design, physical security, material control & accountability, emergency preparedness, counterterrorism force protection, vulnerability assessments, performance testing, and transportation security.
The services provided by PSI will help the ORNL to meet its goal for the GS&N Program of preventing the acquisition of nuclear and radiological materials for use in weapons of mass destruction and in other acts of terrorism.