Protection Strategies Incorporated (PSI) was awarded a prime contract from Nuclear Fuel Services (NFS) to provide security assessment services for NFS’ Security Program. PSI staff arrived within 5 days of contract award to begin the assessment that included the following:
- Review of security procedures and practices, including the Physical Protection Plan (PPP) and the Security Contingency Response Plan;
- Creation of a cross-walk that delineates the 10 CFR 73.46 requirement and the NFS PPP section/step that addresses that requirement;
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the physical protection system;
- Selection, training, and qualification of security personnel;
- The physical protection system testing and maintenance program; and
- An audit of commitments established for response by local law enforcement authorities.